4th graders worked quickly and carefully to complete their Frida and Diego inspired artwork this week. [Click here to see the first part of this lesson: Working in groups: Frida & Diego.] There were a LOT of steps to complete, so I projected my instructions on the smart board and made laps around the room to assist and give advice.
- Blend oil pastels to color in the portrait of Frida.
- Cut out Frida’s head and shoulders and set aside.
- On a new piece of construction paper, splatter paint to create a fun background.
- Glue Frida’s portrait onto the new colorful background.
- Use tissue paper to create flowers.
- Use oil pastels to blend and color in El Venedor.
- Cut out lily shapes from white paper. Glue into basket.
- Add color to the middle of each lily.
- Cut out El Velendor and glue to solid black background.
Job well done, 4th grade! Stay tuned for a new project next week.